Sunday, October 24, 2010

Starting a new thing...

I've never been a blogger before. Always planned, never attempted.
That seems to be a rather...common...attribute to my life. I always plan, yet nothing ever gets done. Well, I'm going to change that.
I'm a writer. No, I can't really say that...I'm GOING to be a writer. Whenever I finish a damn thing.
Lets hope that this sets me on the right path, eh? I love fiction, especially Historical Fiction, but the thing is that even though I know I will one day, most likely, write YA(young adult) Fiction, I can't help but feel that it'll be more truth than lie. The problem that I have with Fantasy Fiction, and Sci-fi, is that...none of it is-real.
Call me an idiot, I know it's not SUPPOSED to be real, but as a 16-year-old, I don't WANT to be told fairy tales of sparkly vampires or werewolves. I want to feel that someone, somewhere out there, feels vaguely what I'm feeling. Has been there, in some form, and came out completely and totally great. Not perfect, God, not perfect at all, but...how do I say this...
Awesome.
So that's what I plan to try to do.
Anyway, this should be some form of motivation, since nothing else I've tried has been successful. I know that if I don't put my mind to trying it now, by the time I'm expected to succeed, I'll be years behind, and I don't want that kind of pressure.
So, until I have another thing to tell you, I guess I'll see you later.
Brigid.
P.S. I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I really do want to be a writer, but I'm also using this blog for daily thoughts, issues, words, and abuse. Because when it's over the internet, I can tell you a secret. The good thing is that you don't even know if I'm using my real name, so I'm technically safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment