Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm reeling....Wait...Who's been deciding my future?!

For a long, long time, I've been very interested in becoming an English teacher. High School English, that is. I mean, there are few things I'm as adamant about as proper grammer and being culturally literate.
But I gave up this dream about a year ago when I was told that I couldn't get a job teaching, and should really be looking at nursing because 'everbody needs nurses' and 'they give scholarships away like candy' and other such nonsense that seemed so rediculously perfect to me.
It didn't always, but then everything seemed rather convienient... If I was a nurse, I could:
  • make up my own schedule- like two 20-hour days and the rest of the week off.
  • use the time I wasn't busy to audition for things like APT (American Players Theatre)
  • become a traveling nurse so as to move to Ireland for a year and practice there.
  • Stay home with my kids (when I have 'em)
Anyway, today my parents talked to me...and suggested that I look into Majoring in English again.
I'm confused.
I had this whole life planned out, and now I'm forced to realize that I now have the option to look at different things for my future.
Should I really be upset about this?
I don't know.
Wait...why am I upset that my future is now entirely in my hands?!
...Got some major thinking to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment