Sunday, November 28, 2010

Naps, ICarly, and Atlas Shrugged.

My sister was watching t.v. when I woke up from one of my naps. When I went into the next room to investigate, I realized that it was an episode of ICarly that takes place at VidCon. or, at least I think so. I didn't actually watch the episode, but that's what I noticed about it.
Anyway, so for the few seconds I was standing there, looking at the screen, it occured to me that they are copying real events that have recently become very popular thanks to the internet.
Also, I went shopping this weekend and perchased a few new books, 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand being among them. I had heard of this novel numerous times before, and as I am an avid reader and collector of books, I decided it was a good day to buy this particular one.
It wasn't until I got into the car with my mom and brother, that I mentioned the book. They had never heard of it.
So, that night, when I went to The Apple (a special hangout spot in my hometown) to talk to some of my friends home on holiday from college, not one of them knew what it was either. I mean, really. Out of all of my friends that were there, 2 were planning to be English teachers. Yeah, right.
So it looks like whenever I read this particular book, I will be the only one I know to have done it.
I want to go take another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment